There are many ways for members, their friends and family to become involved in the Association, here are a few;
• Join the Board of Directors - we are always lookng for new people to join us. Members are welcome to come along to our meetings which are held every three months.
• Join one of the Association's working groups - Research; Fundraising; Communications - these groups work under the direction of the Board.
• Newsletter Editorial - we need people to help put our bi-annual newsletter together.
• Public Relations - we need people who have the skills and contacts dealing with the press.
• Website Editorial - we need people to help update and proof read our website.
• Attend meetings on behalf of the Association - the Association is represented at many meetings all over the UK and Europe and we welcome members to attend these meetings to represent Gaucher patients and their families.
• Support new patients and their families - the Association recieves calls and e-mails from newly diagnosed patients who are seeking support and advice, we like to be able to refer them to members who have been through the same experience and/or are of simlar age. We are always looking for new members to help with this.
• Fundraising activities - the Association is supported soley from donations from members, their friends and families and independent funding sources. See our Fundrasing page for ideas on fundrasing events and request a fundrasing packs.
Interested? Contact us.
The UK Gauchers Association are delighted to announce that the fund has now been expanded to provide support in other areas of education. Find out more here