International Gaucher Day 2019
#IGD2019 Rare Stars - Bringing hope, improving lives
International Gaucher Day (IGD) was launched in 2014 and is celebrated annually on 1st October to raise awareness of Gaucher disease.
Following the success of the 2018 'Rare Stars' campaign, the International Gaucher Alliance (IGA) are continuing the theme this year, but with a more personal focus on those unseen rare stars who have shown support to Gaucher patients during their journey. This might be a parent, a sibling, a friend, an advocate or a clinician (doctor, nurse, etc.)
You can raise awareness of IGD2019 and Gaucher disease very simply by:
IGD 2019 will be celebrated for the whole month of October, starting on the 1st so why not choose a day that suits you best.
- marking it with ink! share and wear the official #IGD tattoo and use the postcard to accompany the tattoos
- downloading and sharing the #IGD2019 poster
- downloading and sharing the #IGD2019 factsheet
- using the #IGD2019 signature strip on your emails
- share our press release
- organising a lecture for students at a medical school or for doctors at a hospital
- gathering in a public place and spreading information about Gaucher disease
- organising a workshop for journalists and clinicians
- inviting your own Rare Star to participate in our social media campaign
- organising a sporting event, such as a run, walk or bike ride
- sharing your photos and stories on social media using #IGD2019 #rarebutnotalone #rarestars or emailing them to us to share
However you choose to celebrate, don’t forget to take some pictures, send them for us to share on our Facebook page, website and news bulletin.
Keep an eye on Social Media posts that we will be sharing soon and remember to show your support by posting photos of you wearing your tattoos using #IGD2019 #rarestars #rarebutnotalone