Volunteer for us
There are many ways for members, their friends and family to become involved in the Association, here are a few;
- Join the Board of Directors - we are always lookng for new people to join us. Members are welcome to come along to our meetings which are held every three months.
- Join one of the Association's working groups - Research; Fundraising; Communications - these groups work under the direction of the Board.
- Newsletter Editorial - we need people to help put our bi-annual newsletter together.
- Public Relations - we need people who have the skills and contacts dealing with the press.
- Website Editorial - we need people to help update and proof read our website.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the Association - the Association is represented at many meetings all over the UK and Europe and we welcome members to attend these meetings to represent Gaucher patients and their families.
- Support new patients and their families - the Association recieves calls and e-mails from newly diagnosed patients who are seeking support and advice, we like to be able to refer them to members who have been through the same experience and/or are of simlar age. We are always looking for new members to help with this.
- Fundraising activities - the Association is supported soley from donations from members, their friends and families and independent funding sources. See our Fundrasing page for ideas on fundrasing events and request a fundrasing packs.
Interested? Contact us.