Trustees Week 14th November
The Gauchers Association is the only UK registered charity providing support to individuals and families affected by Gaucher disease, acting as the centre point for the Gaucher community working alongside medical professionals, scientists and the pharmaceutical industry to meet our Aims:
- To support those individuals and their families affected by Gaucher disease through our patient and family advocacy service.
- To provide information to patients and families regarding all aspects of Gaucher disease.
- To advocate on behalf of patients and families to ensure access to appropriate treatment and specialised care through the Centres of Excellence in the UK.
- To Promote research into the causes; effects and treatments for the three types of Gaucher disease.
- To raise awareness and promote education in the medical profession of Gaucher disease to improve diagnosis and the impact of the condition on patients and families lives.
We could not do any of this without the guidance and support of our dedicated Board of Trustees, each of whom have their own personal connection to the Association.
As this is Trustees Week we want to highlight the opportunities to become part of an incredible team and ensure our Aims continue to be met.
We are always looking for new people to join us. Why not come along to one of our Executive meetings which are held every three months, we are even trialling these over the internet to enable more members to get involved.
If you are interested in getting involved please do get in touch with Sarah Allard on email@example.com